At the February 13, 2018 Council meeting, County Council received a request from a resident in the Waterton subdivision requesting that Lot 27, Block 1, Plan 8021891 be designated as municipal reserve land. This land was previously designated municipal reserve until 2003, when Council removed the designation.
Background on removal of the MR designation -
- The parcel was originally Lot 27MR when the subdivision was developed in 1980.
- On September 20, 2002, it was brought to Council by the local councillor that this lot should be sold and someone could build on it, increasing residents living there which could possibly decrease the vandalism that had been occurring.
- At the November 12, 2002 Council meeting a motion was made that administration check into registering a restricted covenant with a condition that a house is to be built within a certain amount of time.
- At the December 10, 2002 Council meeting, a motion was made to begin the process of removing the Reserve designation status.
- On February 6, 2003 the County of St. Paul received a new title with the reserve designation cancelled and describing it as Lot 27, Block 1, Plan 8021891
In the years following this de-designation, the County reviewed all its County-owned properties and determined that Lot 27, Block 1, Plan 8021891 was not suitable for sale. Given this previous decision of County Council and based off Administration's review of the file, there is no reason that the parcel cannot be designated at municipal reserve, particularly since it holds potential for recreation and public access to the Waterton subdivision.
At the February meeting, Council passed a motion that administration bring forward a bylaw to reinstate the Municipal Reserve designation on Lot 27, Block 1, Plan 8021891. The bylaw required to reinstate the Municipal Reserve designation is attached.