This is follow up to the October 23rd meeting when Council reviewed the list of properties that the County currently owns.
1. Lot P, Plan 4074KS (Park Reserve) in Riverview - Before we can advertise this property for sale, we need to remove the park reserve designation on this lot. The following is the process to remove the reserve designation:
- send letters to the adjacent landowners and post a notice on the property stating the county's intent to remove the park designation and advise that they can speak for or against this proposal at the public hearing.
- hold public hearing in accordance with section 230 of the MGA
- after public hearing, Council to pass a motion for the designated officer to request the park designation be removed by the Registrar at land titles.
Money from the sale or lease of the property must go into the public trust account and only by used for MR purposes.
2. NE 2-62-12-W4 - An approach was built to this property two years ago, it has been tested for gravel and Alberta Environment is not interested in buying the property back. Because the property was acquired through tax forfeiture, we cannot sell it until May, 2019.