Reeve Upham declared the Public Hearing open at 10:30 a.m. with all members of Council present.
Council was informed that the Public Hearing was advertised in accordance with section 606 of the M.G.A.
Krystle Feodretz, Planning and Development, informed those present that the purpose of the public hearing is to discuss bylaw No. 1573, which is a bylaw to allow the lease and amend the use of Lot 28ER, Block 2, Plan 8023220 at Upper Mann Lake.
Reeve Upham then requested if there were any written submissions either for or against the proposed bylaw.
Krystle Fedoretz read the following written submissions aloud to Council:
1) Letter from Leo & Lil Matthiesson - dated April 27, 2011 - Referred to previous letter. They do not object to leasing the property to Mr. Gordon Scott but they do object to leasing it to Gordon Scott and his heirs. They feel it would better serve the public as a public picnic area and campsite.
2) Letter Susan Clennell & Murray Ladd- dated June 13th - They are against leasing the property because it will be precedent setting and with the changes suggested, the property will never be an Environmental Reserve again. They feel the proposed lease should be cancelled and the property left as an Environmental Reserve without changes.
3) Tony Onisko - dated June 13th - He strongly requests that Council reject the bylaw or open up the leasing opportunity to anyone who wants to lease property.
The following people spoke about the proposed bylaw.
1) Adjacent landowner, Tammy Boggis, spoke against the Bylaw as she feels the property should not be leased for public use. She stated that the Scott family did not use the property until 2008 and it was used by Mr. Scott's nephew Randy. She also stated that Mr. Scott does not maintain it, it is his nephew that maintains the property.
2) Betty Andrichuk, Gordon Scott's daughter spoke in favor of the Bylaw. Mr. Scott has maintained property up until last year, when he became ill. She stated that it is a historical significance for family and they do use it on occasion. It was maintained before, under the previous lease that they had, therefore they maintained it on the May long weekend.
Reeve Upham declared the public hearing closed.
Time: 10:45 a.m.